Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R129 SL Class : New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please

Page 1 of 1 1
New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/21/2009 5:42 PM
Rick English

Date registered: Dec 1899
New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please

I just bought a 1994 sl500 .Had it for a week already and love it. I am having a problem however.The car pops and bucks when i put the gas pedal to the floor.The car runs good if i drive normal and dont stab the throttle..Today the car ran great i could put the pedal down and the car took off great with no problems.I do not think it is a spark related issue .For example It ran good all day untill i took a really sharp right trun throttle down and them the car started to run like crap again not able to take a stad at the throttle it started to pop and take the throttle only slow again..
Any help would be greatly Thanked..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/22/2009 8:33 AM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew
RE: New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please

I would look at the fuel filter first. It could also be a fuel pump. Both of these items can cause these symptoms.
#152739 - in reply to #152718
Author
Posted 6/22/2009 6:37 PM
Rick English

Re: New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please

Hey thank you very much for getting back to me.I checked the caps and rotors and they were in need of replace.I did do that to the sl500 today...Hopwever the car still does it. If you are at the top of the motor next to the throttle body,And you throttle the car up manually.,You car here a faint popping noise coming from in the throttle body intake... I am changing the fuel filter tommrow. Its funny because the car was driving really good one day and i throttled up around a turn and then it started to run like crap again..Making that popping noise.. Dont think it is a timing chain..???? If it was i think it would be making a noise in the motor The car idles very good and takes fuel good slowly??? I am Amechanic by7 trade but am just learning the Mercedes trade as i am a new owner..
#152767 - in reply to #152718
Author
Posted 8/29/2009 5:57 PM
lynnsorensen

RE: New sl500 amg owner needs help -Please

Rick English - 6/21/2009 2:42 PM

I just bought a 1994 sl500 .Had it for a week already and love it. I am having a problem however.The car pops and bucks when i put the gas pedal to the floor.The car runs good if i drive normal and dont stab the throttle..Today the car ran great i could put the pedal down and the car took off great with no problems.I do not think it is a spark related issue .For example It ran good all day untill i took a really sharp right trun throttle down and them the car started to run like crap again not able to take a stad at the throttle it started to pop and take the throttle only slow again..
Any help would be greatly Thanked.. :cheers:
I'm sorry to be the possible bearer of bad news but you may be expierencing known problems from MY 93-95 Engine Wiring problems. This would include the main engine wiring, the starter wiring, and possibly the throttle body wiring. Mercedes built the MY 93-95 with biodegradeable engine wiring harnesses and have not chosen to replace them at there cost. The way to determine if this is a part of your problem is to carefully inpect the engine wiring with the intention of replacement at a costly amount if you have it done or you can buy the parts and DIY.

Edited by lynnsorensen 8/29/2009 5:57 PM
#156230 - in reply to #152718
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1