Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class Treffens & Other G-Class Events : No trip but open invitation in WA

Page 1 of 1 1
No trip but open invitation in WA
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 1/2/2010 6:18 PM
50msns

Date registered: Dec 1899
No trip but open invitation in WA

I don't have any trips planned but I do want to extend an open invitation to anyone who is traveling thru to stop in. We live in a beautiful area, up near the Canadian border in Washington state. The town is called Republic and it is east of the Cascades. The closest major city is Spokane which is about 2.5 hours away. Find where SR21 and SR20 intersect and you will find Republic. We don't have a ton of room but there is enough to park a G or two besides mine and room for a couple of tents. We live on Curlew lake which is about 8 miles north of Republic. Attached is a pic taken from my deck this morning.

(WinterLake.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments WinterLake.JPG (262KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 1/2/2010 9:00 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: No trip but open invitation in WA

We plan to be at Ft Lewis sometime in August or September 2010 to greet our son returning from Iraq deployment.
#163115 - in reply to #163099
Author
Posted 1/2/2010 9:13 PM
50msns

DUTCH - 1/2/2010 6:00 PM

We plan to be at Ft Lewis sometime in August or September 2010 to greet our son returning from Iraq deployment.

We are on the other side of the state but if you are driving up from GA and have the time, this is a beautiful part of the state. Is your son with the Ranger Bn or the Striker Brigade?

Edited by 50msns 1/2/2010 9:15 PM
#163118 - in reply to #163115
Author
Posted 1/3/2010 6:41 AM
DUTCH

50msns - 1/2/2010 9:13 PM

DUTCH - 1/2/2010 6:00 PM

We are on the other side of the state but if you are driving up from GA and have the time, this is a beautiful part of the state. Is your son with the Ranger Bn or the Striker Brigade?

Striker, currently in Camp Taji, Iraq. They were trained to dismantle and turn over the US bases to the Iraqi forces.

If we drive, and if I still have it, we'll probably take the Cayenne.
#163138 - in reply to #163118
Author
Posted 1/4/2010 12:07 PM
50msns

I envy your choice: taking a road trip in either a G500 or Porsche Cayenne S. How do you like the Cayenne? I have heard great things about them, particularly the S models. It is near the top of my list for vehicles to buy if I ever sell my G320. Not what I would consider a replacement but it would help sooth the pain of having to let my G go.
#163217 - in reply to #163099
Author
Posted 1/4/2010 3:15 PM
DUTCH

50msns - 1/4/2010 12:07 PM

I envy your choice: taking a road trip in either a G500 or Porsche Cayenne S. How do you like the Cayenne? I have heard great things about them, particularly the S models. It is near the top of my list for vehicles to buy if I ever sell my G320. Not what I would consider a replacement but it would help sooth the pain of having to let my G go.

Since you ask, it is one of the worst vehicles I've owned. I've had it for 68 days of which 20 have been in the shop for a problem that is still not fixed with the air suspension. Dealer is ready to throw up his hands and PCNA says it's operating normally. Not so according to many other Cayenne owners on three different Porsche forums. I think it is over engineered and overly electronified - so much so that they don't know what to do to fix it.

I'm getting ready to go Lemon Law with it. My ML320CDI was a far superior vehicle at about 2/3 the price. Aren't you glad you asked?
#163228 - in reply to #163217
Author
Posted 1/4/2010 11:38 PM
50msns

DUTCH - 1/4/2010 12:15 PM

50msns - 1/4/2010 12:07 PM

Since you ask, it is one of the worst vehicles I've owned. I've had it for 68 days of which 20 have been in the shop for a problem that is still not fixed with the air suspension. Dealer is ready to throw up his hands and PCNA says it's operating normally. Not so according to many other Cayenne owners on three different Porsche forums. I think it is over engineered and overly electronified - so much so that they don't know what to do to fix it.

I'm getting ready to go Lemon Law with it. My ML320CDI was a far superior vehicle at about 2/3 the price. Aren't you glad you asked?

Wow. That really sucks. Sounds like the Lemon Law is the way to go if PCNA isn't helping.
#163265 - in reply to #163228
Author
Posted 3/13/2010 10:02 AM
T.Schuhe
Elite Veteran

Vehicle(s): 460 1985 LWB 300GD five speed

50msns,

I try to make the trip to Neah Bay and Cape Flattery each year or two. The WA coast is really a great trip, Pacific Beach to the point offers many places to hike and camp. LaPush and Sol Duc offer rustic retreats and cabins. Also some interesting places along the Strait of Juan de Fuca - now part of the Salish Sea. I live on the bottom end of the Puget Sound, also part of the Salish Sea system From my study window I see the fog laced Sound and the snow capped Olympic Mountains of the WA Peninsula. Takes about three to five days to make the whole loop, and that is just to scratch the surface.

Best wishes,

Tom

#167994 - in reply to #163099
Author
Posted 3/13/2010 10:54 PM
Way@Out
Regular

Date registered: Feb 2009
Vehicle(s): W460 300GD '85

50msns - 1/2/2010 11:18 PM

I don't have any trips planned but I do want to extend an open invitation to anyone who is traveling thru to stop in. We live in a beautiful area, up near the Canadian border in Washington state. The town is called Republic and it is east of the Cascades. The closest major city is Spokane which is about 2.5 hours away. Find where SR21 and SR20 intersect and you will find Republic. We don't have a ton of room but there is enough to park a G or two besides mine and room for a couple of tents. We live on Curlew lake which is about 8 miles north of Republic. Attached is a pic taken from my deck this morning.

Anyone with a view like that from their backyard can expect their life expectancy extended at least a week with each gaze out the window. Damn that's beautiful!

#168013 - in reply to #163099
Author
Posted 4/1/2010 11:19 PM
norsecarnut
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle(s): 07 Rover LR3, 08 Audi S4Avant,04 Disco2,96 Disco1

T.Schuhe - 3/13/2010 7:02 AM

50msns,

I try to make the trip to Neah Bay and Cape Flattery each year or two. The WA coast is really a great trip, Pacific Beach to the point offers many places to hike and camp. LaPush and Sol Duc offer rustic retreats and cabins. Also some interesting places along the Strait of Juan de Fuca - now part of the Salish Sea. I live on the bottom end of the Puget Sound, also part of the Salish Sea system From my study window I see the fog laced Sound and the snow capped Olympic Mountains of the WA Peninsula.

We go to many of those same places and camp or find cabins. It's great out there. If you haven't yet, you should try the Oregon coast too, Southern mostly. If you like B&B's and history and something special, look up the Haceta Head Lighthouse B&B. It's really quite the experience with lots of neat stuff nearby.

About where you live and your view, my fiancé and 7 others are starting a cool new specialty veterinary group practice in Tacoma (great property opportunity and away from the more saturated north Seattle region) so now we are looking into buying a house down that way, or nearby. We would love some sort of view but don't need to be in the thick of things and don't need to be terribly close to Tacoma itself, just past the traffic between north seattle and Fife.

If you know of any good homes available, I guess in the $400k-$500k range with a view, yeah right, is that possible ?! let me know. It's hard to know where all the "views" can be had from aside from the obvious more expensive locations.

Thanks.
#169092 - in reply to #167994
Author
Posted 4/3/2010 1:59 AM
T.Schuhe
Elite Veteran

Vehicle(s): 460 1985 LWB 300GD five speed

Hi James,

Send me a PM, and I can connect you with a neighbor who knows the market. Where I live is 7+ miles away from anywhere (Olympia) - out on one of the peninsula that runs up into the Puget Sound - Part of the Salish Sea. Great sail boating and kayaking here. It is just far enough away from things. Folks here are very green and we have our own water and sewer system. We try to keep the Puget Sound clean because we do eat the salmon, oysters, clams, etc. I see eagles nearly everyday, along with heron and other birds of prey. I used to live in Whatcom County and San Juan County, on the Canada boarder, but have come to appreciate this locale, perhaps even more.

Best wishes,

Tom

#169149 - in reply to #163099
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1