Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Not a common site - at least in the UK

Page 1 of 1 1
Not a common site - at least in the UK
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 6:21 PM
Maxwell Smart

Date registered: Dec 1899
Not a common site - at least in the UK

As most of you know now that I am G-Less I have been resigned to my lot on London's public transport. Well the one good thing I can say about double decker buses is that at least say is it makes G spotting more easier.

Today when I was sitting on the bus at the top of Sloane Street I saw a dark black shape pull up at the lights. Partly obscured by the traffic I tried to make out what it was - fortunately there were no cars next to it and I could just make out a G.

But just as I was trying to make out whether or not it was a G55 by looking at the exhausts, it got obscured by another black shape... but wait... maybe it didn't get obscured, as I was still staring at the same exhausts...

It was then that I realised I was seeing double... two black G55s side by side at the stop light. Not a sight one sees every day - even in London! I could at least see the two drivers acknowledging each other.

West London certainly is the place for simultaneous G spotting. But nothing beats the day I pulled up to the intersection in my G and saw three other Gs - one at each stoplight. Strangely I looked like the only one who noticed all the others.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 7:26 PM
Alaskagwagen

RE: Not a common site - at least in the UK

Wow - I guess I would have to call that a string of Gs or maybe a G-string
#11935 - in reply to #11908
Author
Posted 5/13/2006 8:00 PM

Re: Not a common site - at least in the UK

Like you I actually had to look twice when I saw the oddest stretch I have ever seen...A G WAAAAGGGGGGEEEEENNNNNN, yeah, that long..! Totally wild. Seen in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. At least four long large windows, but the roof was in vinyl or something. Had a temp tag, I guess a limo company has it. Anyway just a sighting...

#11942 - in reply to #11908
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1