Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Tiptronic problem

Page 1 of 1 1
Tiptronic problem
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 1/20/2010 10:48 AM
mervyn_adams

Date registered: Dec 1899
Tiptronic problem

Just bought a 2001 ML270CDI, drives great and downshifts whenever you press the guzzle pedal. Problem is it doesn't shift up or down on the tiptronic. First time I tried it the "4" came up on the dash but no gear change. Now the "4" doesn't even come up.
Is it a matter of spraying some contact cleaner around the tiptronic or does it need a stripdown of the selector and some part replaced?

Also every time I start it, even from warm, the preheater indicator lights up for about 2 / 3 mins.

Can anyone advise / help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 2/21/2010 10:50 PM
rudeney

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Tiptronic problem

First of all, if you have a Tiptronic in your ML, then that;s the problem because that's an Audi product. :-) Seriously, I know you mean the "touchshift", and I had this problem on my ML. You will need to clean some contacts in it, but unfortunately, you can just spray some contact cleaner into the console. Fortunately, I took some photos and wrote up some instructions to help:

http://mercedesml.info

You'll want to check the "Window Switch" section for removing the console wood panel, then "Touchshift repair" for removing the shifter module.
#166925 - in reply to #164249
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1