Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Hunting for Another ML

Page 1 of 1 1
Hunting for Another ML
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 2/14/2010 9:44 AM
tclynes

Date registered: Dec 1899
Hunting for Another ML

Hello,

I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a new car. I had a Range Rover Classic that was taken away from me by a careless BMW driver so have been running 190e ever since 2007.

We've had a ML270CDI in the family since new in 2000, it was nearly mine but I ended up with the Range Rover, and when my dad bought a RRS my sister got the ML (turns out for freebies from your parents you need to provide grandchildren!)

So im currently on the hunt for a ML of my own. My sisters is silver with grey leather, I'm looking for a Blue one with a the tan interior preferably but have a few questions...

Where were the 270CDI's made, was it USA or Europe, i've always heard contrasting views

The full length sun roof (louvered roof?), i really fancy the idea of it, but are there any reasons why i should avoid it?

Other than that i know to keep an eye on the drivers seat (ours seemed to wear out by 30k!) and check the rear springs as they often break.

Any other advice would be great,

Regards

Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 2/20/2010 11:21 AM
mickey.1214

Date registered: Aug 2008

Re: Hunting for Another ML

The louvered sunroof is prone to problems: avoid!

Short history of the ML-270:
http://www.cars-directory.net/history/mercedes/ml270/
#166819 - in reply to #166389
Author
Posted 2/21/2010 3:53 PM
tclynes

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Hunting for Another ML

im definitely avoiding that roof, have only heard one good thing about it out of many, which is a shame as there is a nice one for sale but i wont go near it now.

thanks for the history link too, i get the impression the ML270's in the age range I am looking at were built by Magna Steyr.

Tom
#166911 - in reply to #166389
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1