Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Reprogramming Tire Size on ML500

Page 1 of 1 1
Reprogramming Tire Size on ML500
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/9/2010 4:42 PM
Adoni
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): '00 G500, '15 C300 4Matic, '06 L322 G4
Reprogramming Tire Size on ML500

Hi guys,

Generally I lurk in the G-Class forum as most of my "how do you do it" has to do with my 280GE. However, I've always run bigger tires on my ML500. This last time I finally went all the way up to a 265x70x17 (32") on my ML. At first there was no issue. but now under heavier acceleration off the line, I get a bit of a lurch. I was hoping that I might be able to recalibrate my system for a larger size tire and see if that eliminates the lurch. We have checked out my transmission mounts, motor mounts and tranny and found no issues. The only thing we did find was that my throttle linkage needed some lube which we did. Now I trust my mechanic when he says my transmission is fine as he is the anal retentive type who would let me know instantly if he thought my transmission was going bad. Does anyone here have any experience with this issue or know if the ML500 has a module to adjust for different tire sizes.

We tried going through the navigation system like on other vehicles and we also tried hooking up the vehicle to the star diagnostic unit and neither had a module for adjusting tire size and/or axle ratio like the G's do.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1