Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class Treffens & Other G-Class Events : Mexico road trip Texas-Mazatlan-La Paz

Page 1 of 1 1
Mexico road trip Texas-Mazatlan-La Paz
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/22/2010 8:35 PM
olasdeplata
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle(s): 280GE convertible 84, 300E 89
Mexico road trip Texas-Mazatlan-La Paz

Guys
I am planning on leaving Austin 12/17 and doing Austin -Nuevo Laredo - Durango - Mazatlan and then Ferry to La Paz. Not interested in rushing it, 928 miles to Mazatlan, covering it in three days so we can look around in the way in. Ferry to La Paz is around $100 (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) for the car and $85 per person, cabins an extra $70-120 (overnight trip), calculate $100 for toll roads. For the return trip, I could come back the same way or do La Paz- Guerrero Negro - San Diego - Phoenix - Austin, or La Paz - Los Mochis (Ferry) - Tucson - Austin, the week of 1/3/11, but with flexible dates.

Did I say Baja is a blast for a G?

Anyone interested in joining? I am fluent in Spanish and have plenty of experience traveling in Latin America. I am going with my kids, 15, 14 and 9, all quasi bilinguals, and stopping @ clean hotels.
mariano

Harald, if you are around those days, we should try to get together. I will be at Baja Joe's in La Ventana

Edited by olasdeplata 8/22/2010 8:41 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1