Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Possible pinned information for the forum

Page 1 of 1 1
Possible pinned information for the forum
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 7:33 PM
Toronto230ge
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 VW van 1987 230GE, 2002 G500 1965 porsche 911
Possible pinned information for the forum

To the administrators and members of this forum.

Do you think it might be useful to pin and keep available at the top of this forum some categories of technical tips, tricks and manual references pertaining to perhaps a few categories..let's say ... engine, drive train and brakes, body and interior. or would it be too much information all in one area? I was just thinking it might be great to have a common source for all sorts of tips and trouble shooting specific to only mechanical and service issues. Maybe even a category or list for hard to find supplies, parts and (god forbid) commercial sources for those parts etc.

Just thinking out loud. I actually have very little knowledge of how this might work on this forum or how it could be done .I suspect it would take hours of editing and hard work. I hope it might be simple and almost effortless to achieve this if it is a silly thought or not it would be great. Most of all I want to compliment everyone on all the interesting and valuable information made available on this forum.

Anyway curious if this is a good idea or not
Cheers

Peter
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/21/2006 8:16 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: Possible pinned information for the forum

There's no question that it's a good idea. However, a whole bunch of stickies at the top of the forum is too much clutter. Perhaps, a single sticky with a link to where the stuff could be found (like clubgwagen.com) would be better. It's still going to take constant editing to keep it up to date; and I doubt if there's anyone here who has that kind of time.

Best use the search function.
#14824 - in reply to #14804
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1