Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W164 & W166 M-Class : Service Costs

Page 1 of 1 1
Service Costs
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/12/2006 2:05 PM
firstmb

Date registered: Dec 1899
Service Costs

I wanted to take in my car for Service B and was talking to different dealers in the area, and found that Service Costs (Service B) are different at each and every dealerships.

Should the charges be same at all the dealers with minimal difference, as the manual clearly specifies what needs to be done for any particular service.

In any case, I was quoted from 395 - 465 - 520 for Service B, what a big spread.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 10:27 AM
firstmb

Re: Service Costs

I would like to know what you guys are paying for Service A, B in your area. TIA
#22246 - in reply to #21746
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 10:06 PM
samhmbz

Sam

(1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1.jpg (210KB - 9 downloads)
#22667 - in reply to #22246
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 2:02 PM
firstmb

Sam, thanks for posting.

I am getting Service A done for 295/-, relatively higher then what you posted, but this is cheapest in this area.
#22910 - in reply to #21746
Author
Posted 10/27/2007 9:20 AM
SergioinMiami

Paid Bull Ussery in Miami $400 for Service B at 13,000. Service is a glorified Oil and Flter Change!
#93880 - in reply to #21746
Author
Posted 10/27/2007 10:58 AM
bmwm3csl

RE: Service Costs

Guy's come on.... This reminds me of an old Lexus commercial where there were a bunch of guys sitting around the table at their country club bragging about how much they each had just spent for the maintenance for their Jag, BMW, Mercedes, etc....

The Service A is nothing more than a basic oil change and a quick inspection of your brakes, tires, & fluids. It takes all of 30min to do this yourself. If I paid a dealer 295.00 to do a "Service A" I could not look myself in the mirror.

If you can't perform this type of maintenance yourself, the least you can do is save yourself some money the next time your vehicle is due for a "Service A".

Take 5 min. out of your busy day prior to dropping of your car at the dealership. Walk around your vehicle stopping to look at each wheel and tire and inspect them for signs of premature or erratic wear patterns. While you're down there take a look to ensure you still have some life left in your break pads. Now pop the hood and make a visual inspection of the engine compartment to check for any signs of fluid leaks. Top off your windshield wash fluid tank. When your done close the hood and drive over to your local dealer and ask them to only change your oil and you just saved yourself upwards of $200.

Now take that $200 you just saved and bet your golfing buddies that you can birdie the 1st hole next Sunday morning.
#93888 - in reply to #21746
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1