Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Wiper motor wiper crank part number

Page 1 of 1 1
Wiper motor wiper crank part number
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/18/2021 12:01 AM
The_Analyst

Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle(s): 2003 G500 x2

Wiper motor wiper crank part number

Hi,

I was replacing the wiper motor on my 2003 G500 and i run into a problem.
It looks like it was replaced in the past and they used a Bosch motor that has a smaller shaft.
Since the wiper crank bracket (the bracket that has the ball) was designed for a bigger shaft they installed a bushing in the hole to reduce the hole diameter.
I can’t get the crank bracket out of the old motor to install it on the new one. I don’t have a way to machine it out.
Does anyone know the part number for the crank bracket? I’ll just get a new bracket.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by The_Analyst 4/18/2021 12:05 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/18/2021 7:55 PM
The_Analyst

RE: Wiper motor wiper crank part number

I’ve managed to pull the bracket out of the old motor and installed it in the new motor.

Some lubricant overnight did the job.

I have everything put back together and the wipers are working great.

The only thing missing is the nut behind the black box holding the black bracket with all the solenoids to the firewall. I can’t find a way to put the nut back on. My 10mm universal joint socket it too tall. Does anyone have any suggestions to install that nut back on? I used the 10mm universal joint socket to get the nut off, but it is impossible to put it back on....

Any tool suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
#242650 - in reply to #242644
Author
Posted 4/20/2021 8:27 AM
The_Analyst

RE: Wiper motor wiper crank part number

Hi,

Just for historical reasons I’ll update.

In order to access the nut behind the HVAC box I loosened up the two bolts holding the box down and managed to pull it out by half inch and that gave me access. These are the vertical bolts under the plastic grill.

Basically the process was should have been:

1. Loosen the bolts holding the HVAC box down to access one of the nuts holding the differential solenoids down.
2. Pull the solenoid bracket away from the firewall. You might have to pop up the hood sensor and the little reservoir to get some room to pull the bracket away from the firewall.
3. Pull the motor cover out
4. Unscrew the motor plate from the firewall and pull away from the firewall by 0.5”
5. Rotate the windshield wipers about half way up to see the ball/socket joint through the firewall hole
6. Use a screwdriver to pop the ball out of the link socket. Make sure you don’t bend the link with the socket.
7. The wiper motor will come out attached to the mounting bracket and the crank link bracket with the ball and a gasket.
8. Remove the crank bracket with the ball by pulling it up. It is pressed on the motor shaft.
9. Replace the motor
10. Install in reverse order.

Thanks.
#242659 - in reply to #242650
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1