Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Door stuck closed and locked, Windows stuck

Page 1 of 1 1
Door stuck closed and locked, Windows stuck
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/21/2021 5:26 PM
Mirage08
New user

Date registered: Jun 2021

Door stuck closed and locked, Windows stuck

Hi guys, I've got a 1997 SWB G320 and the passenger side door is stuck in the locked position and won't open. The plunger is disconnected and just sitting in the hole there, but not connected to anything. On top of this the window in that door used to move up incredibly slow so I assume it's part of the same problem. Any idea how I can fix the locking mechanism with the door closed? Seems like it might be very hard to get the trim off with the door in the closed position to be able to get to anything.

On top of all of this (this might be unrelated) but after trying to roll up both windows after I got home from work yesterday the driverside went all the way up, but after that the windows became non-operational and the passenger side (since it goes up so slow) became stuck in the slightly open position. Everything else electronically is working as usual. Are the automatic windows on a separate fuse I might have blown?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. New to the forum and have only been in the vehicle for a weekend so far.

Cheers.
Mirage08
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/24/2021 3:07 PM
Mirage08
New user

Date registered: Jun 2021

Re: Door stuck closed and locked, Windows stuck

Figured it out: Had to slim jim the door open to get to the door panel off. The pushrod for the lock was stuck under the lip for the opening it should have been going through. The Windows fuse had blown.
#242782 - in reply to #242766
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1