Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : SRS problem: The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/4 is too high

Page 1 of 1 1
SRS problem: The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/4 is too high
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/6/2022 11:48 PM
winger1998

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle(s): 2003 CLK500, 2001 E320 4matic, 2002 G500

SRS problem: The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/4 is too high

Hello everyone,

I have recently added a backup camera to my 2002 G500, and I was finishing up all the wiring between it and the HU this weekend. I have taken the HU out many times before, and I had no problem at all every time after putting it back. I even had the whole center console taken apart 3 months ago, to reroute some of the bad wirings that were done from the previous owners, also there was no problem after I have everything put back together.

After I have all the wiring completed: hooking up the camera output, hooking up the backup light power to the camera, and to the HU(so that the camera's view will be displayed when shift into reverse), everything worked as they should be, except all of a sudden I noticed the dash is displaying message saying "SRS problem, visit workshop"! I knew the "SRS problem" would be shown if the combo switch (for hazard light/heated seats/rear wiper) above the HU is not hooked up with all its connectors before turning on the ignition, I always making sure that I'd have that combo switch connected before turning the ignition on.

I took my SDS computer out and scanned the system, which shown the AB control unit has problem: Code B1861- The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/4 (Front passenger airbag ignition squib 1) is too high, with Status showing "Current and stored".

I have double checked all the wirings that I have touched while wiring up the backup camera, nothing is torn or ripped. Have checked all the connectors under both of the front driver and passenger seat. I even pulled all the fuses and checked for blown fuse, and again no blown fuse is found.

Have tried clear the fault code, but the same fault is coming back every time I am turning the ignition back on.

I don't think I have touched any wiring that is relating to the Front passenger airbag squib 1. I have searched around but found nothing similar to my problem. Anyone have any idea on what may have gone wrong, and where I should check?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1