Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 3:03 AM
thairish

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 461: 230ge/swb & g300cdi/lwb
nitro tires

hey all.

got new treads at a reputable shop in bangkok and 100% nitrogen was the only option - used exclusively for all cars & trucks they service. i remembered dutch posted a wash times article on the subject of nitro filled tires last month. i inquired as to why they use nitrogen only - no suggestion of better mileage, just better for tires & rims. less leakage, heat, corrosion, etc. = longer life expectancy, same as debated last month.

funny thai style tire changing pic attached. ever seen a thai michelin man? the g was too tall to fit in the back of the garage where they service most vehicles, so they did the job outside on the sidewalk of the busy street. law suit waiting to happen if in the states.

cheers,
dd

(SP_A0021.jpg)

(SP_A0020.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SP_A0021.jpg (61KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments SP_A0020.jpg (49KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/12/2006 2:47 AM
ufotwuk

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: nitro tires

Where are the Nitto tires? What size are you getting and what is it setting you back?

Phil
#44409 - in reply to #43994
Author
Posted 9/12/2006 9:37 AM
thairish

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 461: 230ge/swb & g300cdi/lwb

sorry, nitro (nitrogen) filled - not nitto. 31x10.5x15 bridgestone dueler a/t d694 is what i ended up getting. http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/products/car/treads/d694.asp

wanted bfg cuz that's what i've had in the past (in the states on cj7, not thailand), but distribution/service not as good as bstone in thailand. bfg only sold in sets of 4, so difficult to get 5, like i needed, or a single replacement if needed later. i needed new treads bad and just didn't have time to run around comparison shopping. i am sure i coulda found bfg, but maybe at the risk of getting bad installation. so i'll see how the bstone measure up. if they blow, i'll just change to bfg later - no big deal.

anybody else tried these - maybe down in oz? i know nothing about them. set me back about us$600 when all said & done i think.

cheers,
dd

(d694.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments d694.jpg (12KB - 8 downloads)
#44440 - in reply to #44409
Author
Posted 9/12/2006 9:44 AM
KERR

Date registered: Dec 1899

Nittos in car tires are some of the best you can buy for the money. that is all i use to run on a CLK, supra, and other cars..

Not to mention the 555 smoke like crazy if you decide to have a little fun.

#44444 - in reply to #43994
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1