Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Engine Tunning (om617.931) / shoocks

Page 1 of 1 1
Engine Tunning (om617.931) / shoocks
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/21/2006 4:42 PM
advance

Date registered: Dec 1899
Engine Tunning (om617.931) / shoocks

I have bught an Audi S2 turbo and I am going to replace my kurrent turbo with this one. I am hoping for about 200bhp. But I am not sure the diesel pump will go that far. Is there any way I can modify it. Or is there any other pump that fit's "bolt-on" ?. I also need a bigger IC and a bigger Oil Cooler. Du you have any suggestions on what fabric or car type too use?

I need some shooks that's capeble of the 3" lift I am going to fit. The best thing would be no modifications needed. Any suggestions here?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/21/2006 11:07 PM
AlanMcR
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): G300DT E300DT 230SL
RE: Engine Tunning (om617.931) / shoocks

Are you sure you need a a different turbo? I thought the stock turbo was capable of moving a lot of air. As far as the pump goes, as you try to get more fuel from it you wind up with a longer stroke. The extra fuel comes later and later in the combustion cycle. The crazy Finns who pushed a OM603 to ~450HP used a modified pump. As far as I could tell the major modification was to replace the plunger/cylinder set with one with a larger diameter. This pushed in more fuel earlier. Supposedly, they actually improved mileage. The latter effect could be more easily attributed to the very cool set of exhaust headers they fabricated.

Anyone got a set of OM606 headers and 20% larger pump plungers?
#45619 - in reply to #45554
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1