Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : would a G......?

Page 3 of 3 123
would a G......?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/28/2007 8:59 AM
roughneck
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 270 cdi.300 GD 300 GE.lwb 300 GE.swb. Disco 2
Re: would a G......?

G wizz - 5/11/2007 7:09 AM

we are told evey day to be greener, biodiesel, electric, but all of these create a "carbon footprint", which is a new word used these days. Where are the restrictions on aircraft or large pollution ships, its the easy targets that are always having the finger pointed at, you and I. And if you are talking about iraq in your last sentence, we shouldnt even be there, period.

Ian off G but as you bring it up,Babylon was once one of the 7 wonders of the world, untill we ( the British) invaded in the first world war to ensure fuel for our navy, split it up in to different tribal kingdoms to make it easier to control and gave it back in the 50s in a mess ploiticaly and economicaly, much the same as the Balkans, Africa, Ireland, Ame........, oops one too many.
#75939 - in reply to #73859
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/28/2007 10:31 AM
4x4abc

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 02 G500

Detroit lockers are between $500 and $600 http://www.thejeep.com/onlinecatalog/p26.htm

and they are the worst thing a good driver would want on his 4x4.

They are always locked and given enough traction (like on pavement) the resistance of the inner wheel will unlock it. Off-road with marginal traction the Detroit will not unlock. That means you can hardly steer the thing. Narrow turns will become impossible and you are constantly understeering. Badd for the steering as well. There is a reason why so many guys with Detroits have steering failures.
#75952 - in reply to #75931
Author
Posted 5/29/2007 7:01 AM
Shebl

Date registered: Dec 1899

4x4abc - 5/28/2007 5:31 AM

Detroit lockers are between $500 and $600 http://www.thejeep.com/onlinecatalog/p26.htm

and they are the worst thing a good driver would want on his 4x4.

They are always locked and given enough traction (like on pavement) the resistance of the inner wheel will unlock it. Off-road with marginal traction the Detroit will not unlock. That means you can hardly steer the thing. Narrow turns will become impossible and you are constantly understeering. Badd for the steering as well. There is a reason why so many guys with Detroits have steering failures.

Very Very true Harald , i have driven a samurai on tarmac it was drifting sideways rather than turning .

But there are people who goes offroad and with very limited budget of 5000 qar including the car , i have seen many of them , a suzuki samurai with a lift , 31 or 33 inch tires , and a Detroit easy locker ready to go almost anywhere offroad .

When i had my Land cruiser FJ 70 i had a Detroit locker fitted in the back axle only , didn't affect my steering and it gave me big advantages in offroad and it was the ultimate solution for me that time , now with the G and the Hydraulic lockers I could tell the difference .
It all depends on the budget i guess .

I was still in high school , my only income was still my dad and I remember well buying it for 60 USD , from a friend of mine , now I realize how generous he was

ReG ,

Shebl

Edited by Shebl 5/29/2007 7:06 AM
#76186 - in reply to #75952
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 3 of 3 123