Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Generic power door lock operation / rewire

Page 1 of 1 1
Generic power door lock operation / rewire
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/19/2007 3:53 PM
DesertStar
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 85-280GE/95-G320/08-G500
Generic power door lock operation / rewire

My G came with an aftermarket power lock system and once had an alarm. I have yanked all the alarm stuff off and pretty much left the lock system in place for the 3 passenger doors (rear door no power lock). In the dash there are 2 relay type connections that go to the switch mounted in the center dash. The relay allowed locking when driver door is closed for a set time, after a set time(30secs) you could then lock/unlock at will, I also assume it was connected somehow to the alarm. Up till now all was fine for locking and unlocking. Also note there is no power lock device for the driver door and this system would have been circa 1988-1995.

My locks now dont work but I still here clicking noise in the dash which could be a clue for a faulty relay. Now my question:

I am looking to just rewire up a switch (rocker type) to lock and unlock at will...whether driver door closed, motor running,not running, etc etc. Any hints on wiring one up ? Are door actuators common to have 2 power leads...1 for the lock(up) and 1 for unlock(down) of which would be activated by the rocker switch respectively?

Any help or known website links would be helpful, as I want to secure parts before I dig into the dash....again.

Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1