Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Dutch army G in acident

Page 2 of 2 12
Dutch army G in acident
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/23/2007 9:13 PM
folidol
Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle(s): Bombardier subway car
RE: "over-engineered" they seriously are not kidding

WHOA... what happened here? Exploded front tire, rolled over? Took the curve way way waaay fast? That was a sad ending for the G.

One of the reasons why I think it's wrong that some of these cars are able to go so fast. Guimo is one lucky man. The structural damage to the roof is pretty substantial; seems like it was a close call.
#83389 - in reply to #83363
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/23/2007 10:35 PM
Jonathan Joseph
Expert

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle(s): 2004 G55
RE: Dutch army G in acident

If I remember correctly Guimo was rounding a corner( in the rain?) and a truck (dump or cement?)came across the line and hit him. I think he said right behind the cab of the truck. He said the roof looked worse than it was, he was saved by the strength of the B-pillar, the area where his head was was intact.

Jonathan
#83393 - in reply to #82981
Author
Posted 7/29/2007 5:13 AM
wouter

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Open offer

sounds like a good plan, i'm always interrested in some 4x4 ofroad fun and a beer! just send a mail with the date and i'll see if i'm around.

#83939 - in reply to #83157
Author
Posted 8/8/2007 11:04 AM
Gonz

Date registered: Dec 1899

That first pic looks much like our 02 did after someone failed and turned directly in front of us. We hit them (tiny Grand Prix I believe) doing close to 40, I had already hit the brakes and turned so my corner of the truck took the brunt of the damage, and we pushed that car at least 20-30 ft down the road, exploded all of their glass (I had scratches all over the hood from the glass hitting it) and turned their opposite tires horizontal! Basically their car was destroyed and we only had about $7k worth of body damage and repair. And my wife, 3 year old and myself got out and walked away unscathed. Except the 3 year old was really upset that the truck was "broke" and got towed away.
#85115 - in reply to #82981
Author
Posted 8/9/2007 2:59 AM
mre
Veteran

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle(s): 463 300GE ´91

Even though it looks not too big damage outside, the tremendous hit to the body can damage any other "organ" in your truck.
You will change the bumper and fender but all other parts can have hidden cracks/damage that will let themselves know later.
No insurance will compensate those as it is almost impossible to prove the cause.

#85232 - in reply to #82981
Author
Posted 8/9/2007 11:27 AM
ez rhino

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle(s): 2010 Rubicon Unlimited; 2009 Mini Clubman JCW
Re: Dutch army G in acident

Yeah, I second that. I was driving a 1996 Chevy Tahoe Sport 4 years ago when I was hit by a full cement truck going 65 miles per hour. Cement truck was essentially unscathed except for the bumper on the truck needed to be replaced. But they found out a few days later that the impact had also cracked the radiator and transmission housing on the cement truck (started overheating).
#85247 - in reply to #82981
Author
Posted 8/10/2007 11:25 AM
Fenalaar
Elite Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 2001 ML270CDI, Polaris 400L Big Boss

mre - 8/9/2007 8:59 AM

Even though it looks not too big damage outside, the tremendous hit to the body can damage any other "organ" in your truck.
You will change the bumper and fender but all other parts can have hidden cracks/damage that will let themselves know later.
No insurance will compensate those as it is almost impossible to prove the cause.

They can also do much damage to organs in your body, even though the car is not much damaged. That's the idea behind crumple zones - absorb the shock before it gets to your body. The crumple zones doesn't help much if the coupe of the car looks like an accordion after the crash, though... That's why I'm not too enchanted by Korean cars (and even less by chinese cars).

Johan-Kr
#85398 - in reply to #85232
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12