Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Seat questions - (retrofit air-cooled version?)

Page 3 of 3 123
Seat questions - (retrofit air-cooled version?)
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/14/2014 1:18 AM
stevegsmith
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 82 300GD WVO, 06 Jeep Lib CRD B99
Re: Seat questions - (retrofit air-cooled version?)

Inkblotz - 7/12/2014 7:25 PM

Some SLK seats has what is called an air scarf. These blow cool air on your neck. The early SLKs did not have this. I don't remember the year but it started with the SLKs that had the split nose. Espar made the seat mechanism.

http://www.espar.com/products/electrical-heaters/decentral-heating-...

Mark

Did someone just say "air scarf"?
#222887 - in reply to #222877
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/14/2014 3:28 PM
koly
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle(s): 2000 G500

Here's the company that other MB owner used to have air-cooled seats installed and said they did a nice job. No affiliation other than that:

http://www.autospaofarizona.com
#222890 - in reply to #222879
Author
Posted 7/15/2014 11:09 AM
Balto
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500

Thanks Koly!

Btw do you have any hoistory dealing with Autohaus of north Scottsdale? They have my G ATM but I'm not sure if there is a better place for my G to go?

Thanks

koly - 7/14/2014 2:28 PM

Here's the company that other MB owner used to have air-cooled seats installed and said they did a nice job. No affiliation other than that:

#222900 - in reply to #222890
Author
Posted 7/16/2014 1:44 AM
koly
Elite Veteran

My only dealings with Autohaus is ordering online (if autohausaz.com is affiliated with them?) and that part of the service is excellent.

I've used Schulte Automotive for quite a few things and would recommend them, but they might not be that convenient if you're in N Scottsdale (now that I'm in N. Scottsdale, they're not very convenient for me, either).

I've also been referred to another shop in N phoenix that I'm going to try out - I'll let you know how it goes with them.

If you ever have time, I always enjoy meeting a fellow G owner - let me know if you want to hit a trail or grab a beer sometime (or if you have any questions about great places to take your G out here - I've got a lot of recommendations!)

Balto - 7/15/2014 9:09 AM

Thanks Koly!

Btw do you have any hoistory dealing with Autohaus of north Scottsdale? They have my G ATM but I'm not sure if there is a better place for my G to go?

Thanks

#222911 - in reply to #222900
Author
Posted 7/18/2014 12:01 AM
Balto
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500

Man that would be great! Do you go on a lot of trails around here? Pretty close by?

Let me know when you might be able to have a round and I'm sure I can get away.

koly - 7/16/2014 12:44 AM

My only dealings with Autohaus is ordering online (if autohausaz.com is affiliated with them?) and that part of the service is excellent.

I've used Schulte Automotive for quite a few things and would recommend them, but they might not be that convenient if you're in N Scottsdale (now that I'm in N. Scottsdale, they're not very convenient for me, either).

I've also been referred to another shop in N phoenix that I'm going to try out - I'll let you know how it goes with them.

If you ever have time, I always enjoy meeting a fellow G owner - let me know if you want to hit a trail or grab a beer sometime (or if you have any questions about great places to take your G out here - I've got a lot of recommendations!)

Balto - 7/15/2014 9:09 AM

Thanks Koly!

Thanks

#222955 - in reply to #222911
Author
Posted 7/18/2014 1:33 AM
koly
Elite Veteran

Balto - 7/17/2014 10:01 PM

Man that would be great! Do you go on a lot of trails around here? Pretty close by?

Let me know when you might be able to have a round and I'm sure I can get away.

There are loads of trails nearby - lots of fun to be had, beautiful scenery to soak in...

I'm headed out for vacation for a couple weeks, but I'll ping you for a cold one when I get back in town.
#222956 - in reply to #222955
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 3 of 3 123