Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : In G-Wagen He Trusts...Europa Intl History

Page 3 of 3 123
In G-Wagen He Trusts...Europa Intl History
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/13/2014 1:05 PM
Brent
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): '13 Wolfsburg GTI
Re: In G-Wagen He Trusts...Europa Intl History

4x4abc - 10/13/2014 9:26 AM

this is like the Y2K discussion (remember?)
most stick to their own belief/religion
few consider the facts

Problem is, you seem to know the facts but only dribble out bits of innuendo....

Lets start slow.

Did Holland buy the importation rights from MB?
#224451 - in reply to #224444
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/14/2014 11:06 AM
zimm
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle(s): lx470, 76 fj40, 72fj40, 96 gelandewagen g320.
Re: In G-Wagen He Trusts...Europa Intl History

4x4abc - 10/13/2014 11:26 AM

this is like the Y2K discussion (remember?)
most stick to their own belief/religion
few consider the facts

seriously? youre gonna call people out about not having the facts, but make statements followed by "i cant tell you".

im less interested in knowing the facts than as to why exactly you cant say. i dont have interaction with either of these characters, but i do have interaction with you.

whats the juicy gossip, fella? fess up.
#224485 - in reply to #224444
Author
Posted 11/2/2014 8:35 PM
stubear334
Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle(s): 1980 280GE, BMW 318Ti, Infiniti JX35
RE: In G-Wagen He Trusts...Europa Intl History

Another importation story:

There's a fellow in my hometown who used to publicly display his car collection. Probably to get it qualified as a museum in the eyes of the gov't. This was back in the 90s. At the time it was I'm guessing a $5 million dollar collection (Lord knows how much its worth now). He owned Delahayes, big Cadillacs, gull wing mercs, several Ferraris (Ferris Bueller types), concept cars. Once on a car outing I drove behind his geniune Shelby Cobra scared to death fearing my brakes might fail and I smash into his car!

Anyways, I ran into his bookkeeper a few years ago on a different matter and she told me how he got rich. During the 80s, he would purchase brand new Nissan/Datsuns from other markets. Usually places like the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico (little fuzzy on the origination) and resell them to U.S. dealers. This was around 1984 when the Nissan Maxima was introduced. They were in very high demand. I bet he probably ordered cars thru off shore dealers and when they landed on the dock they were loaded directly onto boats bound for Mobile/Savannah/New Orleans. She said Nissan knew what was going on, but they ignored it. I mean Nissan North America was probably exceeding their numbers, so why would corporate care. Don't ask me about warranty claims, I don't know. Remember warranties were only like 3 years & the jap cars were well screwed together.

And another importation story: Ever buy a Toyota? Thank Southeast Toyota. One man, one family, owns the rights to every Toyota/Lexus sold in the Southeast U.S.A. God only knows how much money they're worth.

Stuart

#224865 - in reply to #217023
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 3 of 3 123