Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : replace driver doot seat control

Page 1 of 1 1
replace driver doot seat control
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/12/2014 9:49 AM
loowee

Date registered: Oct 2014
Vehicle(s): G-class G500 w463 2002
replace driver doot seat control

Hey guys ! While I wait along for a reply on my previous post, here's another good one for ya.

Do I need to remove driver and passenger door completely to get the wooden seat ajustment plastic trim or can I get the clips off via the handle hole directly ?

I can get one clip off which brings the seat controls loose on the left side but something is holding it in place on the right ( front ) edge.

I will post my new carbon fiber wrapped interior when its ccompleted.

Thx !

( g500 w463 2002 here )
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/12/2014 5:22 PM
leomd

Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500-Bessie
RE: replace driver doot seat control

You need only to remove the door panel and you should be able to access the switch cluster from the back of the door panel/card. If I remember correctly it unclips from the back fo the door panel. The switch cluster is also know to get dusty and not work properly i.e. you try to move seat back down and it moves seat back up. Because its a digital signal dust/dirt in the switches can cahnge resistance enough to make the switch work improperly. While you have the door switches out try to blow some compressed air in there or some electric crc cleaner (alchohol that will evaportate) to clean the switch cluster.

Great picture instructions for the service...
http://carlosnpainter.smugmug.com/Cars/G500-seat-control/i-fscf5pr

Edited by leomd 10/12/2014 5:30 PM
#224425 - in reply to #224410
Author
Posted 10/14/2014 12:19 PM
loowee

Date registered: Oct 2014
Vehicle(s): G-class G500 w463 2002

Good news ! You can remove seat controls just by removing the handle below it on both doors. Its very tricky to get your fingers at the right pins but once you know where it holds it in, its easy to remove.

I only got the lower pins off and by pulling in this direction, the top ones got loose.

I dont like removing door panels too often, the pins will most likely get loosened.

Last thing, I cant find that reference again but i followed the trick to use a little tube to align the lock pin back in its hole and it worked like a charm! ( still had to remove rear door panel to fix lock and window mechanisms ).

Thx guys !
#224490 - in reply to #224410
Author
Posted 10/14/2014 12:31 PM
thebigblue

Date registered: Jan 2012

After two weeks in Sahara my controls went crazy... A clean-up with use of Haralds instructions did the trick. Now one have gone crazy again....

So I use the memory settings to be sure to be able to adjust the seat when to much dust have accumulated, #1 i way back, #3 is way forward, #2 my preferred driving position.

(the tube advise is in Haralds instruction)

Edited by thebigblue 10/14/2014 12:33 PM
#224492 - in reply to #224410
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1