Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Customer Service?

Page 1 of 1 1
Customer Service?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/20/2015 10:25 PM
olasdeplata
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle(s): 280GE convertible 84, 300E 89
Customer Service?

I am a bit disappointed, one month response time to my original email.... ? And now I am on my own with 3 days left to file a claim with UPS for 1/3 the value

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Fwd: Paid invoice from EuroTruck Importers, LLC
Inbox
x
Sean Philyaw

6:18 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Hello Mariano,

Our shipping policies are shown on the web site.

http://www.eurotruck-importers.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

Thank you,

-Sean Philyaw

On 5/20/2015 7:11 PM, M.J. Z. wrote:
> Sean
> I was never told that.... And it has been a month since I requested for claim to be filed...
>
> And how I am supposed to know that you are not shipping fully insured?
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Sean Philyaw wrote:
>
> Hello Mariano,
>
> It's up to you to start the claim process with UPS.
>
> Unless you requested extra insurance on the parcel, it will only have the standard $100 of coverage from UPS. You also did not specify that an adult signature be required at the time of delivery.
>
> We are happy to reorder the parts for you, but we will have to bill you for these parts.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> -Sean Philyaw
>
>
>
> On 5/20/2015 6:27 PM, Mariano Zemborain wrote:
>> Hi Sean
>> I never heard back form the missing order... Was this reorder and claimed with ups?
>> Mariano
>> 512-221-2729
>>
>> Please disregard my iPhone typos.
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: "M.J. Z."
>>> Date: May 17, 2015 at 8:28:01 PM CDT
>>> To: chris@eurotruck-importers.com
>>> Subject: Re: Paid invoice from EuroTruck Importers, LLC
>>>
>>> Hi Chris
>>> Can you please confirm that the claim was presented and parts re-ordered?
>>> Thank you
>>> mariano
>>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:53 PM, M.J. Z. wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you Chris... I think this package is lost... Usually I never have an issue with the porch....
>>>
>>> I assume we had it insured. Can we reorder the parts and place a claim?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Chris Menchaca wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Mariano,
>>>
>>> The UPS website says it was delivered on April 9th and left at your front
>>> door.
>>> 1ZY747R40390074931 here is the tracking number.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Mariano Zemborain [mailto:wavesofsilver@gmail.com]
>>> Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 12:51 AM
>>> To:
>>> Subject: Re: Paid invoice from EuroTruck Importers, LLC
>>>
>>> Hi Chris
>>> Can you please track my package? I thought maybe one of the kids brought it
>>> in, but can't find it at home... Anywhere...
>>> Thank you
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> > On Apr 7, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Chris Menchaca
>>> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Dear Mariano :
>>> >
>>> > Your paid invoice is attached.
>>> >
>>> > Thank you for your business!
>>> >
>>> > Sincerely,
>>> >
>>> > Sean Philyaw
>>> > EuroTruck Importers, LLC
>>> > 770-965-3311
>>> >

sean@eurotruck-importers.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/21/2015 11:27 AM
atg
Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2014
Vehicle(s): 2005 G55, 1985 300tdt
Re: Customer Service?

It falls to you to submit a claim. I do think they should insure a shipment for its retail value to avoid headaches like this though.
#228243 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/21/2015 3:06 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter

atg - 5/21/2015 11:27 AM

It falls to you to submit a claim. I do think they should insure a shipment for its retail value to avoid headaches like this though.

A very good comment. When ordering parts from any source, be sure to request that they insure the package for the actual value of the contents.
#228246 - in reply to #228243
Author
Posted 5/21/2015 10:54 PM
olasdeplata
Extreme Veteran

I guess I am spoiled by ebay and amazon, where you are always 100% insured, and you are never told it is your responsibility to file a claim or read the shipping policy... Today that it is so easy to shop by price, customer service is the only thing that can distinguish you from the competition.

I have been a customer of Eurotruck for the last 10 years... My expectation were higher.

Anyhow, I will let this post age, but hopefully we will see a shipping policy change or other Eurotruck customer will insure 100%.
#228248 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/22/2015 4:06 PM
H1LM002G55
Expert

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle(s): 500 GE, G55, LM002, H1

So what do you think happened to the package, out of curiosity?
#228259 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/22/2015 6:16 PM
olasdeplata
Extreme Veteran

Or it was delivered to the wrong address and whoever got it never dropped it back at UPS or it was picked up by teenagers or kids asking for donations... the last the most probable.

I have been in this house for 6 years, the house has 3 different entrances. Only one other time in this period a package was dropped and never found. I was gone for 2 weeks during that period.

fourbyfourclub.com insures all packages above $250 that seems to be a more sensible approach.

In all a bad combination of factors:

- Never heard back for 30 days so my "expectation" was that they were processing the claim and reordering parts... I would have been more satisfied if all this happened the moment I reported it to them
- I guess not having Steve Dempsey there makes a difference.... Always prompt on email responses
- I was away from home when the order shipped and it was places 60 days before... special order
- Outdated Shipping policy

I doubt that anyone that has/had it can use a 460 glove box and a couple of G filters... At the end, this is a customer service issue, and it is Sean's decision how to approach it. He does have a point that the shipping policy is posted in his website... From a customer perspective I want peace of mind that my money and purchases are protected, and if something happens, the company I purchased from will take an "active" role solving the issue.

To recover $100 from a $350 purchase is painful...

Has anyone tried ordering parts with Steve Dempsey at couchoffroad.com? He is in Colorado now.

Edited by olasdeplata 5/22/2015 6:57 PM
#228263 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/22/2015 8:10 PM
H1LM002G55
Expert

Date registered: Mar 2010
Vehicle(s): 500 GE, G55, LM002, H1

olasdeplata - 5/22/2015 6:16 PM

Or it was delivered to the wrong address and whoever got it never dropped it back at UPS or it was picked up by teenagers or kids asking for donations... the last the most probable.

I have been in this house for 6 years, the house has 3 different entrances. Only one other time in this period a package was dropped and never found. I was gone for 2 weeks during that period.

fourbyfourclub.com insures all packages above $250 that seems to be a more sensible approach.

In all a bad combination of factors:

- Never heard back for 30 days so my "expectation" was that they were processing the claim and reordering parts... I would have been more satisfied if all this happened the moment I reported it to them
- I guess not having Steve Dempsey there makes a difference.... Always prompt on email responses
- I was away from home when the order shipped and it was places 60 days before... special order
- Outdated Shipping policy

I doubt that anyone that has/had it can use a 460 glove box and a couple of G filters... At the end, this is a customer service issue, and it is Sean's decision how to approach it. He does have a point that the shipping policy is posted in his website... From a customer perspective I want peace of mind that my money and purchases are protected, and if something happens, the company I purchased from will take an "active" role solving the issue.

To recover $100 from a $350 purchase is painful...

Has anyone tried ordering parts with Steve Dempsey at couchoffroad.com? He is in Colorado now.

I am really sorry that this happened. Personal opinion...EuroTruck is not at fault here.

1) I have received tracking and shipment notifications from EuroTruck when orders have shipped to me.
Always via UPS. I think it is on you to make sure that the merchandise is delivered.

2) If you suspect theft, you need to talk to your neighbors and your neighborhood security guards, local police, etc...to create awareness. IF a neighbor has CCTV, ask them to look back and see if there is suspicious activity at or during the time the package was last scanned prior to delivery. Talk to UPS. Talk to your UPS driver. Ask him. They generally drive the same routes and have good memory.

3) Shipping is a weird thing. The problem is that customers are more apt to shop for lowest cost provider than for extra quality and service...just like insurance. If EuroTruck charged full rates for items prior to shipment, it would probably remove some of the customer base and people would complain that their shipping costs were too high compared to other vendors.

4) I have had more than excellent service from Sean and Steve. Sean has been great to me many times.
He has even helped out on things that I wanted to buy from him that he did not have in stock.
He is a great asset to the community. Customer service has been excellent for me. Even with the departure of Sean (whom I also enjoyed dealing with).

I think it is unfair to "tarnish" Eurotruck when they stated their terms in writing online; The delivery was out of their control.

Just my opinion and I am truly sorry for the "loss" of your shipment.

Edited by H1LM002G55 5/22/2015 8:15 PM
#228265 - in reply to #228263
Author
Posted 5/22/2015 11:50 PM
olasdeplata
Extreme Veteran

H1LM002G55, I appreciate your feedback, and I am the first to say that for 10 years I received excellent service from them. I tried to be very objective in my post. BTW, Steve departed, Sean is the owner.

In reference to Point 2), I do not think it is doable for something that usually doesn't happened, based on the type of neighborhood, time involved etc.

I totally disagree with you on point 3).... UPS charges $0.90 per extra $100 or fraction... $2.70 for a $350 package at "retail" rates.... So for an extra $3, added to a shipping charge of $18... =$21.00... Will someone shop another place? I do not think so...

fourbyfourclub.com charges close to double Eurotruck shipping rates for the same items... the main competitor for 460 parts.

I agree actual shipping is out of their control. The shipping policy is "theirs" to manage, the same for email response, something you may have overlooked.

Based on my professional experience, I will "tarnish" the reputation of "my" company if I ignore two emails for a shipping claim for 30 days, and respond the third email sending my customer to read my shipping policy... "because it is not my issue..." and "...hope you understand". But that is how I manage.

In Customer Service, usually you do the analysis of what is going to cost you more... Losing a customer, getting negative exposure, etc. A management decision between refunding, settling, or doing nothing.

ATG: It depends who claims insurance... That is why I contacted Eurotruck. In ebay, amazon and most large retailers, they will process the claim. On your second point, I agree 100%, for $2.70 that the customer pays (1% of the purchase) you avoid the headache.

Anyhow, the email exchange is posted for people like "you" to form your "own" opinion. I already expressed and formed mine, and have no issue with others reading the situation differently, be my fault I didn't read the UPS email or the policy, the kids in the area, email exchange etc.

FYI, I do not get "personally" offended if someone has different opinion, be a forum member, Sean, etc. But I do have mine, and will expressed it in the appropriate place.

For a world where diverse opinions enrich us all

Edited by olasdeplata 5/23/2015 12:28 AM
#228267 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/23/2015 2:31 AM
Otiswesty
Administrator

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle(s): 463.241, 461.213

Compared to buying from Europa back in the day, Anthony used to get almost every order wrong for my 300GD. Even a tow pin bumper I ordered arrived as a non tow pin version. Guess who had to pay return shipping. I really like Sean, very mellow, and some times you wait a bit as he is consolidating parts orders from Germany to save on costs. Sorry to hear that your parts were lost, that sucks.
#228269 - in reply to #228267
Author
Posted 5/28/2015 7:47 AM
w.james
Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 84 280 GE 617A 5sp getrag

I kind of liked Anthony, He was very helpful when there was no internet and no dealer support. He got it wrong sometimes, some of it was very expense, but all in all he was pleasant, helped when he could, and gave me a 10% discount off of very inflated parts prices
#228344 - in reply to #228238
Author
Posted 5/28/2015 4:49 PM
Balto
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2012
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500
RE: Customer Service?

Thank you for taking the time and posting your experience. I'm looking at ordering some items soon myself....

Having no good or bad experience means I'm going into it with a who knows type of attitude and its nice to see how people feel from years of experience.

Myself....I agree that the insurance on the package and all of that is totally on you, but I also see your point on "assuming it was covered if something happened". I guess you can chalk that up to a life lesson on always, no matter how long you have used a company, check on the policies they go by?

BUT...It does bother me about the lack of customer support when it comes to overall communication. I would be upset with myself that I did not check into the shipping policies beforehand but taking 30 days to get back to me would for sure push some of that anger back to the company! I would guess they keep very busy and if its only one man that runs everything I can see a response taking a couple of days.....but 30 days? Seems almost silly if you ask me.

Things get lost...Things get damaged....The best companies can have things go wrong.....But responding to customers no matter if its good or bad news should be one of the top priorities if you ask me. Just knowing that you will have someone to talk to WHEN something goes wrong goes a long way.

Thanks again for posting
#228352 - in reply to #228238
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1