Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : I think I have the dreaded TC issue!

Page 2 of 2 12
I think I have the dreaded TC issue!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/18/2006 2:49 PM
cyntaxx
Veteran

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500
RE: I think I have the dreaded TC issue!

Good news...

Issue will be looked at and hopefully addressed - bringing her in next Tuesday and I even get a loaner. This dealership has definitely been very reasonable thus far - this is the second time I will be given a loaner on warranty work done and I didn't purchase the vehicle from them.

MB service has been so far so good, which is a relief considering some of the horror stories I've heard through the forums.
#39044 - in reply to #36646
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/23/2006 11:37 AM
cyntaxx
Veteran

Even better news:

My service writer calls and tells me they are going to instal an updated TC control module that should not act up anymore - covered under warranty. It seems that the control module was replaced before (something I knew thanks to the VMI report of my truck) but the dealership slapped the same model one in, thus the recurring problem!

So, for future reference, if anyone out there runs into this problem with their G500, there is a light at the end of the tunnel; MB does offer a revised control module.

Now, will this "revised" module fix the problem for good? I hope so!
#40424 - in reply to #36646
Author
Posted 8/23/2006 7:52 PM
Ricky74

Date registered: Dec 1899

Cyntaxx,

As you might know from another forum...I have the exact same problem that you have been experiencing BUT my dealership fails to replace it. Just like yourself...the control module had already been replaced at 39,500 miles but suspect it was the same module as a previous service write-up admits that they replaced the module with one that has the WRONG part number. Like many dealerships...they swaped modules anyway. Just wanted to know if there is a specific part numer for the revised module that I can give to my dealership here in Nebraska.

Eric
#40534 - in reply to #40424
Author
Posted 8/25/2006 5:02 PM
cyntaxx
Veteran

Ricky74 - 8/23/2006 7:52 PM

Cyntaxx,

As you might know from another forum...I have the exact same problem that you have been experiencing BUT my dealership fails to replace it. Just like yourself...the control module had already been replaced at 39,500 miles but suspect it was the same module as a previous service write-up admits that they replaced the module with one that has the WRONG part number. Like many dealerships...they swaped modules anyway. Just wanted to know if there is a specific part numer for the revised module that I can give to my dealership here in Nebraska.

Eric

Eric,

I'm waiting on the warranty paperwork to be sent to my house. Once I receive it, I can parse through to see if any part numbers pop up (how's that for alliteration?) Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
#41064 - in reply to #40534
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12