Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Model Year '07 G

Page 2 of 2 12
Model Year '07 G
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/5/2006 4:03 PM
Brent
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): '13 Wolfsburg GTI
RE: Model Year '07 G

I was able to poke around a V10 tdi Toureg this summer when the Toureg club came to Ouray. Looks and sounds like a very nice vehicle. The one I looked at had been raced at Pikes Peak and supposedly won its class. It still had most of its interior, full dash, missing rear seat bottoms, had a race seat and a cage installed. Thata, and they were towing a trailer with a fuel supply for it. Normal diesel wasn't good enough for it I suppose with the ULSD coming in January they can sell the car here now.

The Toureg guys really think they have a hard core off-roader in the Toureg, its pretty entertaining They had big tires, brush gaurds,roof racks and all the poseur accouterments on them this summer. I also heard they were driving the local trails at Rally speeds Gotta love the TV commercials.

There would have been nothing I would have liked better than to have goaded them into following me up Poughkipsee Gulch trail in those things. That would have quickly separated the Touregs from the real off road truck
#47308 - in reply to #47022
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12