Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Follow Up: Centre Diff Lock Problem

Page 1 of 1 1
Follow Up: Centre Diff Lock Problem
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/10/2006 12:03 PM
MiN
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): No cars, at all.
Follow Up: Centre Diff Lock Problem

The diaphragm and new o ring arived from Germany today. Since my last post I had also found that the switch that screws into the shift cylinder housing had also stopped working. I had established this by swapping it with the one in the front diff lock and then engaging all three diffs. The centre one stayed orange (as expected), the rear went red but the front stayed orange depsite it going red with the previous front diff lock switch.

The new diaphragm was fitted this evening. Prior to reconnecting the prop shaft (removed to get be able to get the shift cylinder housing off and for better access) I checked that vacuum was now working. I switched the ignition on and, without starting the engine, I pressed the centre diff lock switch. The air pump started and, much to my relief, it stopped after about 15 seconds. Previously it had just kept running. I reconnected the prop shaft and took the truck off road. I pressed the centre diff lock and the red light came on, same with the rear and I could feel the front engage but still no red (a new switch required).

The cost of the diaphragm and o ring was about $20. The switches are ridiculously expensive in the UAE, about $350.

Thanks to all that contributed to hrlp me solve this problem.

Mike.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1