Page 1 of 1 1
Checking In
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 1:25 AM
Friendly Ghost

Date registered: Dec 1899
Checking In

Greetings to all, especially the tortured souls in the wonderful W 140 world! Thanks for the invite.
Hopefully, I will be able to offer the occasional wisdom, but until then, I have plenty of opinions and questions!
Just got my 1995 S 320 SWB for Christmas last year. My mother-in-law drove it for two years after my father-in-law bought it from our insurance agent (who took meticulous care of the car). In those two years of ownership, my mother-in-law hated the car! Yes! Can you believe it? She didn't like white, she missed the heated seats and CD player of her (troublesome) Volvo S90. Boo hoo! She just didn't like having a "hand-me-down" and wanted a new car!
Well, for those two years, I kept telling her, "this is the best car Mercedes Benz ever made!" When she finally ordered her BMW X3, she put the title in a Christmas card and the remotes in a little box with a note that said "Enjoy the ride!" And I've been enjoying it ever since. Have logged just over 5k miles since then (now up to 75k...still low miles!)
Hopefully, this site will attract some owners with mechanical skills. Hey, does this mean I can ask the same questions again and not be yelled at for not doing a forum search? I would love to see some overviews and technical assistance "stickies" for each of the models. Occasionally, I daydream about that 80's vintage SL...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1