Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Webasto GOOOODDDD!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 12
Webasto GOOOODDDD!!!!!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/1/2006 2:03 AM
amzimmy
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): GD300 1981, Alfa GT 3,2 V6, Alfa Brera Q4 3,2 V6.
RE: No more dead batteries

BTW Dave, after much surfing on the net I haven't located any supplier of such gadget in SA, so I contacted the US supplier directly. My question (again, sorry to tease your brain again!) which model would you recommend for the G?

amzimmy
#54854 - in reply to #54811
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/1/2006 2:09 AM
amzimmy
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): GD300 1981, Alfa GT 3,2 V6, Alfa Brera Q4 3,2 V6.
RE: Webasto GOOOODDDD!!!!!

t

Check Waeco also - they're maiking different types of coolers for trucks also. If i remember correctly - have seen "portable" aircon from them...

Thanks for the promt help, will check on this one too!

amzimmy
#54855 - in reply to #54853
Author
Posted 12/1/2006 11:54 AM
hipine

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle(s): 460 1980 280GE w. 617A
RE: No more dead batteries

I just have the standard one  (they didn't have the enhanced model when I bought mine) and it seems to work fine.  The issue with whether to get the regular or the "super" one is related to stuff you have on board.  The unit has circuitry inside that detects normal "noise" in the electrical system typically generated by the alternator.  When its detecting that noise, it will NEVER disconnect because you don't want it to disconnect with the engine running, no matter how low the voltage seems to be going.  The issue becomes, if your on board electrical gadgets that might be running while the engine is OFF might make noise on the electrical circuits that make the PS think the engine is ON, and thus prevent it from disconnecting.

I have to be honest and say I've never tested to see if the standard model will disconnect properly while something like an Engel, or maybe your inverter, is running.  If I were in your shoes, I would make a list of accessories you have that will be running when the engine is off and ask the manufacturer whether they recommend the basic or the enhanced model.

Or you could be safe and just order the enhanced one.  It's not that much more $, and that way you'd know you're protected as much as possible into the future as you add new accessories.

All the best,

-Dave G.

PS - if you have trouble getting them from teh supplier, let me know and I'll buy them and forward to you.

Edited by hipine 12/1/2006 11:54 AM
#54876 - in reply to #54854
Author
Posted 12/1/2006 3:48 PM
douglas dees

Date registered: Jun 2006

You need to open the heat vent and set the blower. The hot air comes out of all ducts including the one in the console. You should run the heater once a month to ensure the gas doesn't dry up in the unit or you will have difficulty starting it when you need it just like you would an A/C system.
My car was in Africa and the heater was used to keep the car warm in the morning as opposed to running the engine.
Doug Dees
Toronto
#54906 - in reply to #54669
Author
Posted 12/1/2006 6:13 PM
discap
Regular

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle(s): 2000 G500

Just another note on the Webasto. If I program mine to turn on before I leave for work then again when I leave the office, I can only go about 3 days on a full battery charge. That is the bad news. The good news is that I only live about 2.5 miles from the office. I suspect a longer drive would fix the problem. Last night I set it up to come on at 8:15 I did not get to the truck till 9:05. Car was warm but no start.

I was standing in the parking lot in my tennis shorts jumping my car. Any of you guys notice the weather in Wichita, Ks yesterday?

Bill Johnson
#54934 - in reply to #54661
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12