Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Opinions on truck?

Page 2 of 2 12
Opinions on truck?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/17/2006 8:33 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
Good Decision!

Jamison - 12/17/2006 4:51 PM

Thanks so much guys for your honest opinions! You will be happy to learn that I have made the wise decision not to get a G at this time.

Maybe, by the time that you're ready, there will be some G320CDI's to chose from.
#56965 - in reply to #56947
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/18/2006 11:16 AM
hipine

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle(s): 460 1980 280GE w. 617A
Opinions

Take another lesson here!

When you do decide to get back into the market for a G, check here first.  There are often people on the list who have Gs for sale for whatever reason.  This list is populated with a larger proportion of enthusiasts than is the general population at E-bay.  You'll for the most part find open honest people here who want the vehicles they feel a passion about to go to a good home where they'll be just as well cared for and appreciated, and will go a little out of their way to make that happen.  Witness Merz-Ben's posting here and volunteering the VIN in a public forum to clear up any potential confusion.  Very nice.  That's not to say every G for sale by a lister is a pristine example, or that every lister knows every little foible of their trucks, and heaven knows nobody can see teh future, but IMHO, you're a darned sight better doing business with someone who's known to the list than an anonymous e-bayer.

Good luck!

-Dave G.

PS - if you REALLY want to start form scratch, I have a RHD 460 chassis you can have! 

#57022 - in reply to #56863
Author
Posted 12/18/2006 2:04 PM
Adoni
Expert

Vehicle(s): '00 G500, '15 C300 4Matic, '06 L322 G4
Re: Opinions on truck?

I'm a perfect example of spending a few years looking for a vehicle, then becoming involved in these forums, this one and the "Old" site before. A member offered me his vehicle before he put it up for general sale because he had seen my interest and my lamenting the difficulties of finding a clean specimen certified for California. The vehicle was in Los Angeles, and another member who was actually the original owner of DesertStar's red 280GE (which I looked at purchasing before he bought it) went and met with my vehicle's owner and gave it a thorough up and down. He told me about the few blemishes here and there and I decided what I could live with. We negotiated over phone and email and within 2 weeks I flew to Los Angeles to pick up my baby. I've never had such an easy time buying a vehicle. People on this forum are here to keep the dream alive.
#57033 - in reply to #56863
Author
Posted 12/18/2006 2:11 PM
roughneck
Expert

Vehicle(s): 270 cdi.300 GD 300 GE.lwb 300 GE.swb. Disco 2
RE: Well Seasoned Emotions

DUTCH - 12/17/2006 5:14 PM

TexWagen - 12/17/2006 11:02 AM

Most of us here are well-seasoned adults who TRY not to let the emotional pull of a vehicle cloud our judgment.

As those who know me can attest, I'm very well seasoned - perhaps even a bit over ripe. However, you should have seen how the emotions took over when I was bidding Ebay on my current G. It was not a pretty sight, although the seller was extremely pleased. :ahhh:

I have 7 G wagens in my yard/barn right now, and another is coming over to see me on wednesday and I know I won't be able to resist. Does this make me a G Wagen junky ?
#57034 - in reply to #56923
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12