Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Lubro Moly products?

Page 1 of 1 1
Lubro Moly products?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/19/2006 11:38 AM
KERR

Date registered: Dec 1899
Lubro Moly products?

My G has a noticeable valve ticking sound out of the drivers side air intake. Its done for oh.. 45-50K miles... it goes away when out side temptress are about 50* At ever service I have ask Mb about it and they say Oh the valves are probably just a little dirty, nothing to worry about, We can run a cleaner threw it for $350.00....

So needless to say I haven't done that...

I get this catalog from performance products. ( www.performanceproducts.com) in the "lube" section they have this stuff listed from lubro moly...

1) Lubro Moly Ventil Sauber
Ventil Sauber (valve clean) was developed to keep intake valves clean and deposit free from carbon deposits. Used regularly your vehicle will start better, run smoother and maintain maximum fuel mileage. (Treats 20 Gallons) $5.00

2) Lubro Moly Motor Protector Engine Treatment
Whether your vehicle is new or old, your engine will benefit by using Lubro Moly Motor Protector. Extreme pressure, anti-wear additives form a very thin, compliant and anti-friction surface film on all frictional surfaces. It remains effective up to 30,000 miles $20.00

3) Lubro Moly Motor Clean
Extended oil change intervals, smaller oil sumps, inadequate fuel quality, lean burning engines. All this leads to the formation of the dreaded black sludge in modern engines. The highly effective detergents and dispersants dislodge the sludge and lacquers, and keep both solid and liquid contaminants in suspension until they are drained with the old motor oil. $15.00

4) Lubro Moly Oil Sludge Remover
Reduce sludge buildup that blocks oil passages, oil screens, and oil filters that can result in expensive engine damage. Simply add a can shortly before the next oil change. The sludge is removed with the next oil change. Recommended for hydraulic lifters. 300ML $7.00

5) Lubro Moly Motor Oil
Now you can give your car the motor oil it deserves - the best! Voll-Synthese SAE 5W-40W is a fully synthetic anti-friction motor oil that provides superior lubrication even under extreme conditions thanks to its broad spectrum viscosity and is highly suited for long oil change intervals. Voll-Synthese Motor Oil reduces the frictional resistance and lets the engine run easier. The result is lower fuel and oil consumption, and substantial engine wear reduction. 1 Liter (1.06 qts)
Voll Synthese (Fully Synthetic - SAE 5W40W) $10.00
MOS2 Antifriction (SAE 10W-40) $9.00

Here is the link they have other products like Trans fluid, hub grease etc... Just wondering if any of you have used them. I'm do for another oil change and was thinking about giving them a shot. I googled them and found a lot of topic post about them from BMW and what not but no web page for the company.

Here is the link to them at performance products.

http://www.performanceproducts.com/ProductCatalog.aspx?f=brand&bid=...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 12/19/2006 1:17 PM
T.Schuhe
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 460 1985 LWB 300GD five speed
RE: Lubro Moly products?

I use the LM diesel oil 10-40 with the LM additive.
#57140 - in reply to #57133
Author
Posted 12/20/2006 4:10 PM
Chrisgd300
Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 86 GD 300 and a few others
RE: Lubro Moly products?

I've used valve cleaner before on single cilinder gasoline engines, as well as multiple cilinder gasoline engine, as well as diesel engines.

My experience on single cilinder gasoline engines is the following.

I run the valve cleaner together with a new spark plug.
When the engine has had about 10 hours of running time with valve cleaner added to the fuel.
You see a lot more carbon buildup on the spark plug then normal.
So I would imagine it cleans something.

But when removing the cilinder head you still see a lot of carbon deposit everywhere.

Nevertheless, valve ticking. I would go for a decent valve clearance check-up.
And if that doesn't solve the problem.
Check how your valve dimensions square up to factory spec.

It could be something as simple as a worn out valve guide or a hydraulic valve lifter that needs replacing.

However check you repair manual, it should state that valve clearances should be adjusted at 20 °C.
So ticking below that temperature is "normal" for an engine without hydraulic lifters.

Regards
#57253 - in reply to #57133
Author
Posted 12/20/2006 5:29 PM

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s):
Re: Lubro Moly products?

You don't say what engine you have...., anyway, valve cleaning (oil/carbon deposits) has nothing to do with valve ticking, but. Usually will the ticking from hydraulic lifters come if you don't change the filter with new oil. The ticking might not go away until the next oil change if you didn't do the filter the last time either. This is due to buildup of micro-particles in the oil channels. Engine treatment or sludge remover will only work temporarily if you don't change filters. Yes, it is safer to do this by yourself, my BMW workshop cheat with this... I had to mark the oil filter to reveal this.
#57256 - in reply to #57133
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1