Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Land Rover people

Page 4 of 4 1234
Land Rover people
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 10:57 AM
TerryS

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Land Rover people

mortinson - 3/15/2007 10:23 AM

I long ago outgrew the need to reply to the "My dick is longer than your dick" type people.

Not surprisingly... being a LR owner :biggrin:

You're obviously still to immature to come to grips with your, uh, inadequacies.
#66986 - in reply to #66984
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 11:53 AM
4x4abc

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 02 G500

Terry,

pinning "rusting to death" on the G by a LandRover guy? Hmmmm...

Time to close this thread.

Edited by 4x4abc 3/15/2007 11:56 AM
#66990 - in reply to #66977
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 2:16 PM
mortinson
Expert

Vehicle(s): '98 G300TD LWB, '98 E300TD Saloon

4x4abc - 3/15/2007 5:53 PM

Time to close this thread.

Please... before somebody makes a fool of himself
#67015 - in reply to #66990
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 3:25 PM
TerryS

Date registered: Dec 1899

4x4abc - 3/15/2007 11:53 AM

Terry,

pinning "rusting to death" on the G by a LandRover guy? Hmmmm...

Yeah, I guess it sounds biased, on the surface. If you'll reread my comment, I said it was a common issue of both marques, not saying "oh wow, Gs sure have rust problems". No one knows better than I how badly Landies can rust, but each of the last 5 G's I have looked at have all suffered virtually the same rust issues. Common to the Defenders and series trucks, many of the Gs have had "issues' in the footwell, but like Land Rover, there are replacemant panels available for this. Thee 300 GD I looked at yesterday had fairly distributed rust throughout the body panels, but the bonnet had a hole I could literally reach in through.
I have reframed several series trucks with replacement galvanized frames, a pretty easy job. I have not seen frame rust on Gs to be nearly so serious an issue.
Don't be so sensitive. I am not in anyway slamming Gs, nor attempting to say one is better than the other. I have learned many of the problem issues on these trucks simply by reading the G boards and listening to your own comlaints. In the end, the rust was the reason I passed on the Puch in Delaware. At least he had most of the replacement panels.
There are two for sale at a dealership just down the road from here, a 230 soft top and a 300 fiberglass top. Both of them need a spell in the body shop They are a whole lot newer than some less rusted series trucks I have recently looked at.
I can see where the president of a G club might be so sensitive, and I guess he's required to take afront at any negative comment. I know loads of Landy people like that too, head up their........
#67025 - in reply to #66990
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 5:55 PM
ThorThorThor

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle(s): 1992 Range Rover size L, 1995 Range Rover size M

TerryS - 3/15/2007 6:20 AM

These testosterone arguments re LR vs G's is pretty mcu the same as the Ford vs Chevy people have. 150 years ago, it was the Colt vs Remington people, so weve evolved only because the technology evolved.
I've had Landies for 35 years now, have had all but a 101 and a leightweight, and currently have 7, including an NAS110, and XD Disco, an RRC, and several series trucks.
I've been hunting for my G forever, not because I think it will do something I can't already do, but because it's new to me, unique and "usually" has a following of diehard truck lovers. One thing they clearly have in common is their ability to rust to death.
I long ago outgrew the need to reply to the "My dick is longer than your dick" type people.

Hey Terry! I didn't know you were after a G also. I don't care to do LR v. Merc G either... I just have an open garage space.

I've always been curious about them. Since the suspension style is similar to the coiler LR's I'd hoped that some soft springs, removal of the anti-sway bars, and some cranked HD control arms front and rear I could have some fun in a unique rig. All I've been able to get is that G's don't flex (it's for your own good - subtext... very German) Reminds me of the LR reasoning for sticking with leafs (at least what I read)... that they bounce so much, they keep people from going too fast off road and hurting themselves.

I hope this is taken tongue in cheek by the board.

Why won't anyone post up links or book titles as to the history, uses, possibilities for a G? Not even a Wikipedia page?

Don't worry Terry... not interested in comparing dicks. Takes too long to drag it out of my pant leg. hahahaha
#67053 - in reply to #66977
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 7:50 PM
4x4abc

Vehicle(s): 02 G500

Hey Todd,

no Wikipedia? Create it!

No links or book titles? Do some research and post them.

Do something! Waiting for others is pretty weak.

I have a lot of respect for guys who contribute. Talk is cheap.
#67075 - in reply to #67053
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 4 of 4 1234