Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : 280GE to 500GE, scrapped, now 280GE to 300GD-T

Page 1 of 1 1
280GE to 500GE, scrapped, now 280GE to 300GD-T
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/28/2007 10:58 PM
id_gwagen

Date registered: Dec 1899
280GE to 500GE, scrapped, now 280GE to 300GD-T

Hi all,

First off, to moderator, please remove my 'gwagener' account as I forgot the password and could not remember which email account I was using. :-)

Anyway, I just migrated my account from benzworld, my long delayed project to convert my 280GE with an M117 engine has been scrapped in place of a 617a engine which I found recently. The engine is going in this week. I'll update you of the progress.

Actually I already bought a 617.912 which is the N/A version and was going to put a turbo and an intercooler on it, but finding the 617.952 was something I couldn't pass up :-D I even bought a used IHI turbo and an intercooler off a mitsubishi.

So far, only a few issues comes up:
1. Since the A/T gearbox comes from a sedan, the flange from the 4-speed manual G is used, but needs to be cut as it is too long.
2. The propshaft from the gearbox to the tcase also need to be cut and rebalance, not easy to source an original A/T propshaft for the G around here.
3. My radiator doesn't have gearbox oil cooler, so I'm having one 'attached' to it.

Once installed, I'm going to get based performance first, making sure that everything is up to the factory spec in terms of boost level, and EGT (will install all necessary gauges). Then I'll install the intercooler and up the boost to 1bar, and retuned the fuel enrichment, see if I can get the EGT safe at that boost level.

I'm attaching few pics, more to come as it progresses. Nice to be back around you guys the rebels from benzworld :-D :-))

Chairil.

(g.jpg)

(g2.jpg)

(617A_02.jpg)

(flange.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments g.jpg (72KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments g2.jpg (74KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments 617A_02.jpg (94KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments flange.jpg (63KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1