Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB

Page 1 of 1 1
Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/7/2007 1:23 PM
splitwigs

Date registered: Dec 1899
Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB

Hi Guys -
Im a rookie on this forum yet am extremely passionate about G-Wagen's and am hoping to purchase my first G this year.

I wanted to tap into your wisdom, knowledge and experience so as to feel more confident in purchasing this rare yet supreme vehicle. I have found a '92/'93 300GES Auto SWB with only 60,000 miles. It's on sale for around £10k but I have been told it has had 7 owners which has made me slightly worried. It looks clean as a whistle (in photos) and I'm hoping to go and visit it in the the coming weeks with an eye to leaving with the keys and registration documents! Specs listed are:

"H" Registration
60,000 Miles
18 INCH ALLOY UPGRADE
Alarm
Central Locking
Compact Disc Player
Electric Mirrors
Electric Sunroof
Electric Windows
Fog Lights
Folding Rear Seat
Leather Upholstery
Metallic Paint
Rear Wash/Wipe
Side Steps
SPORTS EXHAUST
Tow Bar

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks and happy easter to all!

Sav

PS - no comments on the steering wheel!

(300GES01.jpg)

(300GES02.jpg)

(300GES03.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 300GES01.jpg (93KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments 300GES02.jpg (78KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments 300GES03.jpg (69KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/7/2007 2:12 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB

splitwigs - 4/7/2007 1:23 PM

Hi Guys -
Im a rookie on this forum yet am extremely passionate about G-Wagen's and am hoping to purchase my first G this year.

I wanted to tap into your wisdom, knowledge and experience so as to feel more confident in purchasing this rare yet supreme vehicle. I have found a '92/'93 300GES Auto SWB with only 60,000 miles. It's on sale for around £10k but I have been told it has had 7 owners which has made me slightly worried. It looks clean as a whistle (in photos) and I'm hoping to go and visit it in the the coming weeks with an eye to leaving with the keys and registration documents!

As rare as they are in the UK, I don't think I'd be posting much detail about it, if I were seriously interested in obtaining it. Someone just might step in front of you during those "coming weeks" and grab it before you do.

That being said, it's a nice looking truck; although I, too, would be concerned about so many previous owners. You might want to see if you can get an inkling as to why. G owners tend to keep them for long periods of time.

One thing you might want to check is to see if it's had the leaky head gasket addressed. If I remember correctly, this is a shortcoming of that engine.

While the steering wheel is a bit ostentatious, I've seen much worse.

If it's as good as it looks and no one beats you to it, go for it; and enjoy the ride! Keep us posted on your progress.

#69353 - in reply to #69350
Author
Posted 4/7/2007 3:17 PM
hus55
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 300GDS, G300 LONG,300GDT CLK55 AMG CAB.

that G is well known amongst the GWOA members.

give them a knock....i amsure someone will answer
#69364 - in reply to #69350
Author
Posted 4/7/2007 5:19 PM
tclynes

Re: Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB

www.gwoa.co.uk and just post the pictures, you will get a lot of infor about its history. there is a better one avaliable for a bit more money at the moment you might of seen.

Tom
#69387 - in reply to #69350
Author
Posted 4/7/2007 6:23 PM
Maxwell Smart

Re: Advice on purchase - 300GES Auto SWB

Ya check this out: http://gwoa.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4194
#69390 - in reply to #69350
Author
Posted 4/8/2007 3:56 AM
splitwigs

wow! guys i cannot thank you enough for these insights - i will be steering (excuse the pun) well clear of this one and, if anyone does like the look of it, from all the info i have posted, then they are welcome to it!

Thanks for the link Maxwell and apologies to everyone for being last one on the boat about this one!

Back to the classifieds for me.........
#69422 - in reply to #69350
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1