Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Count Down to my G350DT showing up

Page 1 of 1 1
Count Down to my G350DT showing up
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/17/2007 9:37 AM
G350DT

Date registered: Dec 1899
Count Down to my G350DT showing up

Well folks.
The motor is completly redone. Island Imports has it in the Trusk as of yesterday so today may be the day I see it.
I went with the Evens waterless so we will see how that goes.
I was told that the motor looks better then new. I can not wait.
Been a few months now so I am ready..
Pics this week..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/17/2007 10:06 AM
UberXY

RE: Count Down to my G350DT showing up

I used Evans for a few years in a Formula Ford race car. It works, for sure, allowing me to use much smaller radiators than if I used water. But it is nasty stuff to work with, very poisonous as I recall, and 10 years ago it was $35/gallon - I can only imagine what it is now. Be aware that if you have a temperature guage in the car, the readings will be much higher than water - I generally had temp readings of about 250 degrees F (but this was with 2 square feet of radiators with an engine running at 6500 rpm on a hot day).

Steve

Edited by UberXY 4/17/2007 10:09 AM
#70404 - in reply to #70403
Author
Posted 4/17/2007 10:28 AM
G350DT

Re: Count Down to my G350DT showing up

Actually Evens is not as nasty as normal coolant. It is actually $28 a gallon now.
Known things to watch for are higher temps but there are reasons usually are due to not enough flow and being a bit thicker it will take the path of least resistance and some people forget bleed valves and such.
The major thing about evens other then not over heating, boiling thus having hot spots is that it cools uniformaly. With the 350 engine the heads can warp, from all the studies I have seen, evens may like anything else overheat a head but it will be the same thus reducing the possability of warping.
Hey time will tell.
#70408 - in reply to #70403
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1