Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Anyone know a good repair shop in the Lower Mainland

Page 1 of 1 1
Anyone know a good repair shop in the Lower Mainland
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/24/2007 11:11 PM
Speedmaster

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500 - Sold 88' 300GD -Sold 08' LR2
Anyone know a good repair shop in the Lower Mainland

I need to get a Service A done soon and new rear rotors and pads. Does anyone know a reputable repair shop that has experience with the G in the area? Where can I get parts other than from the Dealer?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/25/2007 12:43 AM
elevatorbernie
Expert

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle(s): 1989 280GE
RE: Anyone know a good repair shop in the Lower Mainland

Good luck looking for good service in this town. It dosn't matter what you get serviced, car or otherwise you will get screwed over and not get the work you paid for. I've been looking for a year now. Having a newer G you might be ok with the MB dealers, or I should say they could get service info to tell them how to do it; if they follow directions and do the work properly is another issue. I recently had MB change my oil...they charge me for 9.5 L of oil (my 280GE doesn't hold that much) they also charged for greasing and they didn't grease anything. When I complained they were stunned. They refunded me the price of 2 litres of oil to shut me up. The lube service as they call it, included removing left wheels and looking at brakes as well. 150$ I could have had the same service at MR LUBE. not that I would use them though. From now on I'm doing it myself, if I can't find time my G will happily wait for me. MB can get you the parts, though you will get the same MB attitude. Last time I had the guy argue with me about the part # I had given him, he said it was no good without even looking it up. Like the hero knows every part # by memory. I told him look it up!...in the end I was right and he was wrong. I won't use them again unless I'm stuck. There are many other better sources for parts, some are on this forum.
#71441 - in reply to #71431
Author
Posted 4/26/2007 12:01 AM
Speedmaster

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500 - Sold 88' 300GD -Sold 08' LR2
RE: Anyone know a good repair shop in the Lower Mainland

The only place I found so far is Henneken Motors on Marine Drive. I don't have any experience with them, has anyone here used them?
#71597 - in reply to #71431
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1