Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : injector cleaner

Page 1 of 1 1
injector cleaner
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 5:06 AM
Wout
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes 280GE 1979/230G 1980/ C220CDI/A170CDI/
injector cleaner

Good day to all.
I use my 280GE (1979) only as the weather is fine, no rain etc. I know this sounds awfull to a lot of people, but I like to see this the same way you treat an old horse. It worked hard for a long time and now when it's getting old you treat it with care and respect.
I thought the engine runs perfectly. Cold start was OK. Starting an warm engine took about one to two seconds. Nothing special, but nevertheless !!!! As I am far from an expert I asked a friend for some advise.
He recommended me to use an Injector Cleaner to clean the fuel lines and injectors.
I used a petrol cleaner from NULON PRODUCTS AUSTRALIA (www.nulon.com.au) and the results were amazing. Only after a few hundred kilometers the engine runs smoother with a lot less noise. Cold and warm start with the click of the key.
On a 280GE you can hardly speak of fuel economy, but this should improve too.

1.....Does anyone who used the same fuel treatment want to share his or her's idea about this.?
2.....Is there any danger for the engine when using this stuff?

On my 230G cabrio, I want to use Lightforce driving lights (www.lightforce.com).
1.....Does anyone know anything about the performance of these lights?
I checked the Light forum. Nothing special there.
WKR
Wout
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 6:10 AM
Dr. Rob
Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle(s): 280GE LWB, 280E Ambulance
Re: injector cleaner

Well, I'm familiar with the Nulon company and some of their products. Their website looks like they're selling snake oil, but truth be told, I myself and colleagues among me have found the products to be very good indeed. Maybe there are others; I don't know. But you are not alone in your testimony.

Injector cleaner? No idea. But based on your post and what may follow, I may be willing to try.

QUESTION: Where / how did you get the product? I've been trying to score a can of one of their greases (L90 i think) for a year now. Can't find a distributor, no phone number on the website, no email.
#74946 - in reply to #74941
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 1:09 PM
jcaine

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: injector cleaner

this stuff can sometimes help... just like "stop leak" or "stop smoke" products... seems too simple and snake oil-ish but I've seen results... go figure.
#74971 - in reply to #74941
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1