Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : General Mercedes-Benz Discussions : The other forum...

Page 1 of 4 1234
The other forum...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 7:57 PM
Walrus

Date registered: Dec 1899
The other forum...

I would like to share my thoughts about what seems to be a repeating theme at "the other forum".  It seems some members, are taking pot-shots at the administration over there.  It is almost akin to picking a fight on the playground, if you know what I mean.  In previous conversations with our friend, he expressed worry over this exact situation and he expressed that he hoped this did not happen. I'm hip, and I know the score, I think, and see no sense in brow-beating the other guys.  With all the bugs, I was also tempted to "LASH OUT", and did offer my thoughts on the stupid tracking javascript, in a professional manner, mind you.  I would like to recommend we all chill a while, and revisit the whole affair with clearer minds.  P3 IS the place to be...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 8:07 PM
AsianML

Re: The other forum...

I tried to make it smooth without making it harder for them, despite what's going on. I tried answering the questions for the Administrator so he could spend his time on doing other things.
#5049 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 8:10 PM
jdc1244

RE: The other forum...

I have no problem with the other forum – before or after the software change, and I have no idea what’s going on nor do I really care because I have enough drama in my real life and like to relax here. (or there…) So my question is this: has the administration done anything inappropriate? For example, as some you may recall in the fall of ‘04 we had an influx of MS refugees when the OT mod on that site banned some regulars and became heavy-handed, or so I was told Is something like that going on at the other forum?

I’ll still continue to participate on the other forum, I look forward to this forum getting on track. I continue to participate at MS and the MBCA forum and a few others.
#5054 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 12:52 AM
Syracuse315

I wonder if the other forums know of this one yet...
#5274 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 12:55 AM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew

^^^^^
Definitely! I think they are banning a few for PMing folks for an invite here. I got a PM from one of the early crew here and now they're banned and their PM is deleted from my folder. PM's should be that but apparently they are being read.
#5281 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 1:08 AM
jdc1244

Does all this strike anyone else as being rather silly?
#5289 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 1:22 AM
Syracuse315

cmitch - 4/29/2006 12:55 AM

^^^^^
Definitely! I think they are banning a few for PMing folks for an invite here. I got a PM from one of the early crew here and now they're banned and their PM is deleted from my folder. PM's should be that but apparently they are being read.

I'm talking about MS and the other ones other then BW...I prob be laughing if I was in one of those forums watching us...
#5299 - in reply to #5281
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 2:19 AM
mzsmbs

jdc1244 - 4/28/2006 8:10 PM  For example, as some you may recall in the fall of ‘04 we had an influx of MS refugees when the OT mod on that site banned some regulars and became heavy-handed, or so I was told Is something like that going on at the other forum? 

yup, seems so 

#5328 - in reply to #5054
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 2:20 AM
mzsmbs

cmitch - 4/29/2006 12:55 AM ^^^^^ Definitely! I think they are banning a few for PMing folks for an invite here. I got a PM from one of the early crew here and now they're banned and their PM is deleted from my folder. PM's should be that but apparently they are being read.

not the case here.. hmm 

#5329 - in reply to #5281
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 10:21 AM
Naomilla2.0

jdc1244 - 4/29/2006 1:08 AM Does all this strike anyone else as being rather silly?

Absolutely.  There is no need to further promote this whole 'us' vs 'them' mentality, even if it may be a fact that some of the BW members have been banned.  Those who are not directly affected should just carry on with their business.

#5436 - in reply to #5289
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 1:01 PM
Marsden
Classic MB

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Mercedes-Benz

Naomilla2.0 - 4/29/2006 10:21 AM

jdc1244 - 4/29/2006 1:08 AM Does all this strike anyone else as being rather silly?

Absolutely. There is no need to further promote this whole 'us' vs 'them' mentality, even if it may be a fact that some of the BW members have been banned. Those who are not directly affected should just carry on with their business.

Thank you both. It's always gratifying to see voices of reason like yours. Maybe we can let the subject drop now and get back to the things we all have in common -- like CARS!

#5484 - in reply to #5436
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 7:25 PM
Jayhawk

V e r r r y  i n t e r e s t i n g...
#5640 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 5:23 PM
BenzDieselTuner

sounds like a headache to me?

i wonder if i got banned?

i hadnt been there for like a week, so maybe..........

oh well, either way, i dont care

i put alot of time into my BW activities, received some citicisms for it, thus i had no problem moving out, and setting up shop here.....

#7225 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 6:29 PM
BenzDieselTuner

there, i changed my sig, on BW, telling everyone i'm moved out.....

what did it was this afternoon when i was PM ing someone, they CENSORED my pm's TWICE! i finally had to start an aol IM conversation, to get the info through!

they can lick it! u know!?

#7277 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 9:18 PM
1996_S500

BenzDieselTuner - 5/2/2006 3:29 PM

there, i changed my sig, on BW, telling everyone i'm moved out.....

what did it was this afternoon when i was PM ing someone, they CENSORED my pm's TWICE! i finally had to start an aol IM conversation, to get the info through!

they can lick it! u know!?

how did they censor it? I would like to know. Cuz I am still debating to invite people or not. They know that I am asking for e-mail addresses.

I never even mentioned the site in any of my PM's though.
#7420 - in reply to #7277
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 9:35 PM
jdc1244

Again, let’s focus on making this a great forum and others will want to join.
#7499 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 10:41 PM
ttaleric

Walrus - 4/28/2006 7:57 PM I would like to share my thoughts about what seems to be a repeating theme at "the other forum". It seems some members, are taking pot-shots at the administration over there. It is almost akin to picking a fight on the playground, if you know what I mean. In previous conversations with our friend, he expressed worry over this exact situation and he expressed that he hoped this did not happen. I'm hip, and I know the score, I think, and see no sense in brow-beating the other guys. With all the bugs, I was also tempted to "LASH OUT", and did offer my thoughts on the stupid tracking javascript, in a professional manner, mind you. I would like to recommend we all chill a while, and revisit the whole affair with clearer minds. P3 IS the place to be...

As I agree with your thoughts, I have to question why did you make it into a thread? What was the point? I am sure that we all know to keep our cool. I could see you making this thread if we have already done something, but we haven't. I am not trying to bash your thread at all, just bring a different prospective.

You might be seeing it as people trying to pick a fight, but I highly doubt that we are. How do you feel that your PM's are being read over there? Don't get me wrong, if you want something to be private, then you better not put it on the Internet. To exploit it and make it publicly known that he can do it? That is bullshit. Again, you might be cool with that, and I am not saying you are.

How are some members taking pot shots? We are just expressing how we feel things are being run there, and I too think it is (I will say it again) bullshit. It is not that people are taking shots at "administrators" ethics or way of life. We are making comments about how he is running things there. Not sure if that is what you call pot-shots. Sorry if it is.

The situation that currently stands is we are over here and they are over there. Just like when there was MBworld and Mbnz, but now there is a new breed, P3. Is it going to be better? I hope so. Will we have as much content as those sites? It will take time. Will wounds heal and people feel better about what has happened? Again, it will take time.

As I said, I am not trying to thread crap, but just bring in another perspective. It might seem a little off-topic, so I am sorry.  And I am not trying to argue with you.

#7541 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 11:15 PM
storm

i think there shouldn't be an 'Us" and "them" mentality. These are both great sites for people who need info and help regarding their MB's. remember ther is more to both of these sites than the off-topic section.

I'm here to help (same at BW), but i'm also here to enjoy the personalities of certain members in the off-topic section (more so here than there),.. LOL!!!
#7568 - in reply to #5036
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 11:21 PM
Walrus

Thanks for your perspective(s). 

Edited by Walrus 5/2/2006 11:25 PM
#7573 - in reply to #7541
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 11:43 PM
storm

all of a sudden P3 is my new home,... i'll not be going back to BW after today i think. I'll be emiling them and asking them to remove me from the mod position in the W210 section as soon as i finish this message.

Benzworld is dead,... long live Pointed 3!
#7588 - in reply to #5036
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 4 1234